06 Dec 2018
• The pair has been oscillating within a broader trading range, below 100-hour SMA, since the early North-American session on Tuesday.
• The range-bound price action constituted towards a rectangular chart pattern formation on the 1-hourly chart, marking a pause in the trend.
• Meanwhile, technical indicators on hourly/daily chart have struggled to gain any positive traction and hints to a possible bearish breakdown.
EUR/USD 1-hourly chart
• However, a positive breakthrough the mentioned trading range could get extended but seems more likely to be capped near a short-term descending trend-line.
• The mentioned trend-line, along with another ascending trend-line, forms another bearish consolidative pattern - symmetrical triangle on the daily chart.
Today Last Price: 1.1342
Today Daily change: -3.0 pips
Today Daily change %: -0.0264%
Today Daily Open: 1.1345
Previous Daily SMA20: 1.1348
Previous Daily SMA50: 1.1427
Previous Daily SMA100: 1.152
Previous Daily SMA200: 1.1751
Previous Daily High: 1.1362
Previous Daily Low: 1.1311
Previous Weekly High: 1.1402
Previous Weekly Low: 1.1267
Previous Monthly High: 1.15
Previous Monthly Low: 1.1216
Previous Daily Fibonacci 38.2%: 1.1342
Previous Daily Fibonacci 61.8%: 1.133
Previous Daily Pivot Point S1: 1.1317
Previous Daily Pivot Point S2: 1.1288
Previous Daily Pivot Point S3: 1.1266
Previous Daily Pivot Point R1: 1.1367
Previous Daily Pivot Point R2: 1.139
Previous Daily Pivot Point R3: 1.1418
Trading foreign exchange on margin carries high potential rewards but also high potential risks that may not be suitable for all investors. Before deciding to trade foreign exchange, you should carefully consider your investment objectives, level of experience and risk appetite. Past performance is not indicative of future results, which can vary due to market volatility. The possibility exists that you could sustain a loss of some or all of your initial investment and therefore you should not invest money that you cannot afford to lose. You should be aware of all the risks associated with foreign exchange trading and seek advice from an independent financial advisor if you have any doubts.
Any opinions, news, research, analyses, prices or other information contained on this website or linked to from this website are provided as general market commentary and do not constitute investment advice. AUSFOREX does not accept liability for any loss or damage, including any loss or profit, which may arise directly or indirectly from use of or reliance on such information.